I dare you to find a better leadership quote than the ones listed below.
Anyone who knows me, understands how much I love quotes and I love leadership. So why not a post on leadership quotes. Hopefully they will inspire you to be a better leader for yourself and those around you.
Tweet your favorite quote from this post and don’t forget to add your own favorite quote to the comments at the end.
- Leaders aren’t born, they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that’s the price we’ll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal. —Vince Lombard
- Leadership is influence. —John Maxwell
- Leadership is unlocking people’s potential to become better. —Bill Bradley
- You don’t need a title to be a leader.—Multiple
- Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others. —Jack Welch
- A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. —Lao Tzu
- A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way. —John Maxwell
- You manage things; you lead people—Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hoppe
- The best executive [leader] is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it. —Theodore Roosevelt
- The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly. —Jim Rohn
- No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself, or to get all the credit for doing it. —Andrew Carnegie
- As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others. —Bill Gates
- If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. —John Quincy Adams
- In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. —Thomas Jefferson
- Lead and inspire people. Don’t try to manage and manipulate people. Inventories can be managed but people must be lead. —Ross Perot
- The growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership. —Harvey Firestone
- Earn your leadership every day. –Michael Jordan
Question: Do you have a better leadership quote? I would love to see it. You can leave a comment by clicking here.